Jan 18 2012
Welcome to our fantastic school. Yew Tree opened in September 2011 and has 11 classes, including 3 within our Designated Special Provision. In addition we also provide a Special Educational Needs outreach service to schools in the south of the borough.
Our last Ofsted inspection was in November 2012, the inspection stated:
- this is a good school
- all pupils, from their very different starting points, achieve well
- good teaching, with some outstanding teaching, is resulting in pupils making faster progress than others across the country…
- this is a successful and thriving school community where pupils and teachers feel valued and do their best
- excellent systems are in place to care for all pupils…
- leadership and management are good across the school with some elements which are excellent
- pupils’ behaviour is typically good in lessons and around the school. Relationships are good.
In April 2012 we achieved the national Inclusion Quality Mark – please click here to see the full report: Yew Tree Primary School (with DSP) Report – April 2012
We pride ourselves on our family environment and exciting curriculum opportunities. Alongside a creative curriculum, we also offer a wide range of after-school clubs including violin, football, cross country and cookery and a free breakfast club every morning! See what our children have to say about our school!! Radio Broadcasts
If you would like to find out more about the school, please contact us as we would be thrilled to show you around.
Matthew Copping – Headteacher