Jan 18 2012
School starts back on Wednesday 3rd September 2014.
Welcome to our fantastic school. Yew Tree opened in September 2011 and has 11 classes, including 3 within our Designated Special Provision. In addition we also provide a Special Educational Needs outreach service to schools in the south of the borough.
Our last Ofsted inspection was in December 2013, the inspection stated:
- This is a good school
- Pupils make good progress and achieve well across the school
- Teaching is typically at least good, and an increasing amount is outstanding
- Children in the Early Years Foundation Stage get off to a good start with their learning and personal development
- In Key Stage 2 an above average proportion of pupils make expected progress
- Pupils’ behaviour around school is good. They are friendly and polite, and treat adults and each other with respect
- The headteacher, well supported by his senior leadership team, has high expectations of all pupils and staff. School leaders monitor the quality of teaching very carefully
- The school has good relationships with parents, who are very supportive of the school and its leaders
In April 2012 we achieved the national Inclusion Quality Mark – please click here to see the full report: Yew Tree Primary School (with DSP) Report – April 2012. Our SEN Information Report can be found here: Yew Tree School Offer
We pride ourselves on our family environment and exciting curriculum opportunities. Alongside a creative curriculum, we also offer a wide range of after-school clubs including violin, football, cross country and cookery and a free breakfast club every morning! See what our children have to say about our school!! Radio Broadcasts
If you would like to find out more about the school, please contact us as we would be thrilled to show you around.
Matthew Copping – Headteacher