Since 27th March, Knowsley Council have funded supermarket vouchers for:
1.Children entitled to a means tested free school meal
2.Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 (who are all eligible for the Universal Infant Free School Meal)
However, the government have made it clear that they will only support those children in receipt of a benefits-related free school meal.
This means that there will be no further funding for children in Reception and Years 1 and 2, who would normally receive a non-benefits related Infant Free School Meal.
The next round of vouchers will therefore be allocated for the period between 11th May and 22nd May only for children from Reception to Year 6 who fall into number 1 above.
These families have been contacted by text message today.
You can claim Free School Meals if you receive one of the following benefits:
* Income Support
* Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
* Income-Related Employment Support Allowance
* Child Tax Credit and income of less than £16,190 (but not if you are in work and receiving Working Tax Credit)
* The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
* Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
* Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
If your circumstances have changed and you are now eligible for free school meals, please complete this form by clicking here, sign it and take it in with proof to one a One Stop Shop or post the form to: Knowsley MBC, Benefits Section, Municipal Buildings, Archway Road, Huyton L36 9YU.
If you are still eligible for a voucher and would like to change your supermarket preference, please inform school before 1pm tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday 6th May)
Supermarket choices cannot be changed after this time, once the vouchers have been allocated.
Please contact school if you have any further questions or concerns.